Part-time General Technician
Provide support to production and front of house staff to ensure maximum safety and productivity during rehearsals and performances.
· Assist with unloading and loading the truck at each venue.
· Assist with stage and break room set up at each venue as well as stage build when necessary. This could include, but is not limited to sweeping, chair set up, stand placement, percussion load in, and running electricity where needed.
· Assist with clearing the stage and break room after each rehearsal and returning the venue to its condition upon symphony arrival.
· Procure a headset from both the venue and symphony in order to remain in constant contact with both production team and front of house staff. Be sure to respond to team members when called on headset.
· Assist Stage Manager with backstage organization and operation when needed.
· Assist Production Manager with any additional technical duties as needed.
· Display a professional and personable attitude with venue and symphony personnel.
· Complete any other task necessary to insure a smooth operation of the production in accordance with the unique needs of each venue and guest artist. These tasks can be assigned by the Executive Director, General Manager, or Production Manager.
· May be asked to use personal car to transport Guest Artists and/or Guest Conductor to and from venue(s) and hotel.
· Must have a valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
*Because each production is different, the General Technician’s specific responsibilities will change. This position is utilized one week per month from October to May averaging 40-50 hours for the week. This position may require heavy lifting.
Send cover letter and resume to Las Colinas Symphony Orchestra:
Attn: Jennifer Dabbs
P.O. Box 141446
Irving, TX 75014